Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I like to think that an expression of creativity is the only reason I have made countless mistakes. Even if this is the case, sadly I’ve made a habit of keeping them all.
Whether it’s due to a minor miscalculation or extremely poor judgement, the result has been the same: amusement and embarrassment.
So I’m sharing these with you so you don’t follow in my clumsy footsteps…
- Don’t sign for a house with five guys
- Don’t settle for a shitty haircut from the local student hairdressers and then proceed to cut your own hair….
- Don’t tip one of the Durham University Sailing Club into the water on your first day
- Don’t pretend that you’ve won a squash match when you’ve only won by default
- Don’t forget people’s names in Fresher’s Week and then repeatedly introduce yourself to them
- Don’t live with someone you’re dating
- Don’t forget to cancel your driving test